Dust mites are well-known to cause problems for people all around the world, as they can trigger allergies and asthma. They typically flourish in humid areas but can be found in all climates. Dust mite allergies really are caused by a byproduct of the mites: their feces and decaying bodies. These proteins in mite debris are the primary culprit when it comes to causing allergic reactions. Dust mites are microscopic, only 0.2-0.3 millimeters and cannot be seen with your own eyes. As you can understand their feces are even smaller and will be inhaled deep into our lungs. Since they are so tiny they will spread through the air when people are cleaning or doing other actions that increase the airflow indoors.
Fortunately, LightAir purifiers reduce and remove dust mites from the air with our unique patented technology so you can breath better.
Want to inhale droppings?
When dust mites and their by product of feces and decaying bodies linger in the air they will stay air borne for hours due to their tiny size. Our air purifiers will effectively reduce the dust mites from the air so you can breath better and stay healthy!
This is how dust mites feels like.
Typical symptoms of allergy to dust mites; You may experience all or just some of them:
- Hay fever
- Asthma, difficulty in breathing
- Infantile eczema
- Itchy, red, or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy nose
- Postnasal drip
- Facial pressure and pain
- Frequent awakening
How can I control
the dust mites?
- Keep the house dry and free from humidity, especially in the bedroom.
- Dry vacuuming doesn’t pick up dust mites. Consider steam cleaning carpets when possible.
- Wash bedding, including pillowcases and mattress covers, in hot water [ 130°F (54.5°C)] every week.
- Use allergen-proof covers on your mattress, box spring, and pillows, and wash them regularly.
- Invest in an air purifier to keep the dust mites out from the air.